Despite how terrifying Boston Dynamics’ Atlas robot is, technology really is your friend.
That’s especially true if you’re a retailer. There are countless tools out there to streamline your business and make things easier—even some you probably would have never thought existed.
So without further ado, here are five innovative online services that can help you run your business more efficiently:
- One and Done. Would you use a payment solution that lets your accounts payable team pay all supplier invoices in a single automated workflow? That’s what Nvoicepay offers, and it can do all of this without you having to keep track of payment instructions or going through a complicated ERP integration. Built to save users time and money, the solution focuses exclusively on supplier payments.
- Speed is King. With delivery times growing even more critical for retail customers, Roadie provides a crowdsourced delivery service that gives small businesses a quick, affordable solution for same-day delivery. The company hand-delivers the items and offers coverage up to $10,000 via UPS Capital. In the casual industry, this might be useful during the off-season if your drivers are only seasonal. I could also see it working for smaller items when your in-house delivery team is super busy.
- Brand-new Benefits. How about a little something to help your employees? PeopleKeep helps businesses offer competitive benefits at an affordable price to the retailer. These personalized benefits—while also helping the staff—make it easier for you to hire and keep loyal employees.
And, according to PeopleKeep’s website, because of the nature of the service, companies and people who use it save an average of 35% in taxes per year. As a small business, your company qualifies for this service if it has less than 50 full-time employees and doesn’t offer group health, dental or vision insurance.
- Smart Files. One time when I was talking to a retailer about everything he has to keep track of, he told me he has over 50 passwords. And if that’s just passwords, I can’t imagine how many documents he deals with.
As most retailers are likely in the same boat, eFileCabinet provides document management software that automatically recognizes, organizes, names and stores your files using information contained in the files themselves. The company ensures security by offering several safety features, including a secure connection for downloads and options to set permissions on certain files.
- Crunching Numbers. Looking to cut costs? Consider using CFO Share to hire a fractional CFO team to help avoid the cost of another C-suite employee. The service charges hourly, which means you only pay for what you need, and they have a team of experts who explain what the numbers mean instead of just emailing reports.
The One Stop Shop blog is your number one source for furniture industry tips, advice and how-to's. From social media guidance to breaking down trends in the industry, One Stop Shop offers solutions and ideas that will help specialty retailers, manufacturers and designers succeed in business. Alex’s millennial tendencies and love for listicles runs deep, but not as deep as his passion for providing useful, helpful and informative solutions. Have something you want Alex to write about? Contact him on Twitter @CLalexM or by email at Amilstein@casualliving.com